Teacher Revolution: Teachers Researching Evolution
“Teacher Revolution” provides opportunities for teachers to work with research scientists in university labs and at field sites.
Overview and Expectations
The program will run 4-8 weeks in summer 2019, with teachers expected to consider their appointment full-time. Teachers will become part of the research group, carry out a small, short-term research project, and will commit to deliver the following: Develop a Data Nugget based on their work, create a poster, create a final report, write a blog post, present at BEACON Congress or a national or state conference, and complete pre/post surveys.
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be available for the duration of the program. Participants are allowed one missed day for professional or health reasons. There will be no program activities on July 4th, as University offices will be closed in recognition of Independence Day. Please plan family vacations, travel, and other activities accordingly.
How to Apply
- Please complete the 2019 Teacher application by Monday, April 29 at 11:59pm
- Before starting the form, preview it here: 2019 Application_BEACON TEACHERs Researching EVOLUTION (TEACHER REVOLUTION) – Google Forms
- the form is for new and returning RETs
- Get your resume ready and upload with your application.
- Review the research experiences you are interested in. To read about the different experiences available, click here.
- To read about more program details, read the FAQ.